PANEL PROTECTION WARRANTY FOR PLASMA/LCD SCREENS
(not to be confused with Supercare)
For only 10% of the purchase price we'll cover your TV for a total of 5 years. This runs alongside the manufacturers warranty (usually 1 year). This provides 5 years cover from date of purchase and we will collect the TV should something go wrong.
Panel Protection covers:
Full parts and labour
Pick up and drop off at your home
Like for like specificationed machine exchange if unit is unrepairable.
We're confident our extended guarantee is the best value package available. It is less than a quarter of the price of those sold by some of our competitors and, when compared with the cost of replacing the screen, we're sure you'll agree, our cover is sensational value for money. For full details please ask a member of staff.
Dead pixels within manufacturers tolerances
Accidental damage and misuse
Commercial use on commercial premises
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PANEL PROTECTION WARRANTY
Agreement: Richer Sounds agrees, subject to the following conditions and exceptions to extend the guarantee for the product for two years, above and beyond the manufacturers guarantee, for the benefit of the bearer within the duration of the extended guarantee, the bearer will not be charged for repairs to, or replacement of, the extended guaranteed product(s) in the event of electrical or mechanical failure. The Company's liability is limited to the lower of the original purchase price of the product or its current value. (Current value means the cost of replacement of the product immediately prior to the time of failure with an item of similar age, specification and condition.)
Conditions 1. All benefits under the agreement will cease if:
(a). A fraudulent claim is made.
(b). The product covered is at any time used for the purposes other than exclusively private and domestic. Commercial, professional or semiprofessional use and use on commercial premises is specifically excluded.
(c). A cash settlement in lieu of repairs is made.
2. If the Company or its authorised repairer consider the product covered to be beyond economic repair, the Company may at its option replace the product with equivalent or similar product or pay to the named person an agreed sum in lieu thereof. The cost of replacing a part destroyed or damaged or no longer available shall not exceed the manufacturer's last published price of the part.
3. If the Company accepts there is a claim under this agreement, but there is a disagreement in respect of the amount to be paid then the matter will be referred to an Arbitrator appointed in accordance with current statutory provisions. The Arbitrator must make an award before there is any right of action against the Company.
4. Following settlement of a total loss claim the agreement expires.
This agreement does not cover
1. Failures arising from or due to:
(a). Failure to comply with the manufacturers instructions for use, whether by the named or any other person.
(b). The use of accessories which have not been approved by the manufacturer.
(c). The application of an incorrect or abnormal electrical supply or signal lead connection, defects in external wiring or in the electrical connection not forming part of the product covered.
(d). Negligent or wilful abuse or misuse of the product covered.
(e). Fire, flood, lightning, theft, explosion, or other causes external to the product covered.
(f). Scratching or denting or from the direct application of a tool.
(g). Accidental damage.
2. Costs for which the manufacturer, supplier or any other person may be held responsible under the terms of any existing guarantee or warranty.
3. The costs of:
(a) Repairs to exterior paintwork/finishes, external fuses or wires, styli, aerials (other than those which are an internal part of the equipment), cosmetic items i.e. knobs, loss or damage to trim etc.
(b). Delivery or collection of product(s) taken to a Richer Sounds store for repair.
(c). Repairs to components subject to wear and tear, e.g. cross-faders.
(d). Repairs to loudspeaker drive units when, in the opinion of the manufacturers, such damage has been caused by overdriving and/ or clipping distortion.
4. Repairs carried out by anyone other than Richer Sounds or its authorised repairers.
5. Loss of use of the product covered or consequential loss of any nature.
6. Costs incurred in respect of the removal or reinstallation of equipment
7. Loss of damage occasioned by happening through or in consequence of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy hostilities (whether war be declared or not) civil war, rebellion, revolution or civil commotion.
8. Destruction or damage to or loss of any property whatsoever or any loss or expense whatsoever resulting or arising therefrom or any consequential loss directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from:
(a) lonising radiation, or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
(b) Any radioactivity, toxic or explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
9. Screen burn caused by channel logos or other static images.
10. Damage caused by tipping in transit.
11. Loss, destruction or damage directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at supersonic speeds. This agreement does not affect your statutory rights.